On the occasion of the upcoming Christmas holidays, the management of Sung Rim Europe GmbH has decided to take over a sponsorship plus for an SOS Children's Village. The idea has been maturing for some time and has now been brought to life to support needy children not only at Christmas' time (and instead of Christmas presents for our valued customers), but permanently and continuously throughout the year. After all, help is not only needed temporarily, but permanently. We are thus fulfilling a wish of our hearts and hope that you - dear customers, friends and business partners - will also agree with this important concern.
The village in Guinea-Bissau was chosen for various reasons:
- The country is one of the poorest countries in the world. About 2/3 of the population live below the poverty line, every 5th child is malnourished.
- Life expectancy is 49 years.
- About half of all children aged 5-14 have to do child labour.
- 160 out of 1000 children die before they reach the age of 5.
- Approx. 110,000 children (out of a total population of 1.6 million!) have lost one or both parents due to AIDS/HIV. Malaria, tuberculosis and cholera are spreading.
- The village offers 120 children security and protection and prevents them from falling into the hands of human traffickers.
- In particular, girls and young women are supported who are often exposed to violence and forced marriages.
For more information, please visit the SOS Children's Villages website. We would like to encourage you, dear business partners, friends and customers to follow our example.At this opportunity we would like to thank you for your trust in 2014 and your successful cooperation. We wish you and your families a blessed and merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year!